IronCow.Mobile

Developer
Mar 7, 2009 at 10:15 AM
Hi,

Because I need the IronCow library on a Windows Mobile 6 device, I created a mobile version of the IronCow project. It is roughly a copy, but a few modifications were needed because some classes are not supported in the Compact Framework. Furthermore there is a nasty "feature" in the CF HttpWebRequest class which had to be worked around: after three (or so) successful http responses, it will only be serving you time-outs.  

Can I post the dll and/or the source some place?

Jan Willem
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2009 at 5:52 PM
Hey,
It would be very cool if IronCow could support both the standard and compact framework. I added you to the team so you can submit patches to the source code.
Ideally, I'd like to have 2 new configurations in the project (DebugCompact and ReleaseCompact) with a preprocessor definition so we can #ifdef the code in places where we need CF-specific code.
Thanks a lot!
Apr 11, 2009 at 3:24 PM
Any status update on adding CF support?
Apr 14, 2009 at 5:11 PM
I'm interested in this too. Finding that INotifyCollectionChanged isn't on the CF for WM6 is sort of a concern, so I hope that someone has worked around it :)
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2009 at 3:52 PM
Hey,
jwboer gave me his modifications to make IronCow work with the CF, and I submitted it in a "IronCow_Compact" branch (see changesets 23052, 23053 and 23054).
You can get the source code from https://ironcow.svn.codeplex.com/svn/branches/IronCow_Compact, or download it from the Source Code tab here on CodePlex.

Note that I don't have Visual Studio 2008 Professional at home so I'm testing with a somehow hacked Visual C# Express project that uses the assemblies from the CF instead of the default system framework. The CF assemblies are in the Dependencies folder. If anyone knows of a pitfall with that method, please post them here.
I also posted a WM6 SDK Visual Studio 2008 Professional project, which I'll test from work, and which I guess is what you guys are going to use.

Tell me if something doesn't work.