This project is read-only.

Starting...

Jan 21, 2009 at 6:40 PM
Hi. i'm trying to use ironcow . I'm a bit newbie and possibli i'm asking a silly question but...

My app is a console .NET application to help me integer rtm with Launchy and Rainmeter to

1. Add tasks with Launchy plugin Runny in a simple way
2 .Get a desktop in windows like this one to get the tasks allways accesible
http://tkramar.blogspot.com/2009/01/enigma-ported-to-linux.html

I'm using the thin RestClient but when i get the TaskList I dont have a property called Name  in the Task, only the Id.

I think i need to save all the lists and tasks to a text file so rainmeter  can read it and show all my tasks in desktop.

PS: I've used the RtmHelper class from the previous discussion in this way from my app each time Launchy runs my main and it works fine.

RestClient client = new RestClient(api_key, secret);
            client.AuthToken = RtmHelper.rtm.AuthToken;// GetAuthenticationToken(); //TODO: get authentication token

Greetings! I'm very impressed by your work.

Jan 22, 2009 at 4:27 AM
Hello,

The way RTM (not IronCow) works is this: a TaskList contains several TaskSeries, and a TaskSeries contains several Tasks. There's no name on a Task because all Tasks from a TaskSeries share the same name, along with other things like tags and stuff. Most of your TaskSeries should actually only contain one Task. TaskSeries with multiple Tasks in them are mostly for those tasks you create in RTM with a recurrence (so that each occurence of that task will be in the same TaskSeries... the goal is I guess to reduce the amount of data they need to store, along with getting for free things like when you rename the task in RTM, all occurences of that task are renamed too).
For more information, read the API help on RTM's website.

IronCow's thin REST client copies RTM's object model so you get the same thing here.... so bottom line: get the name, tag, etc. from the TaskSeries.

Does this help?
Jan 22, 2009 at 8:46 AM
Yes! Thank you very much.I undestand now and i'm gonna investigate the rtm API .

If i finish this little project i'll let u know.

PS: Your Sample code using RestClient uses a Name property in the Task, i using this code to test if i was autenthicated properly yesterday.Not criticism at all, only to let u know.

Feb 3, 2009 at 11:14 PM
Hi I've just downloaded the IronCow code and am really impressed so far. Great work!

I'm a bit confused by the lack of commenting in the code as to what is the best way to create a new RTM task using the IronCow project. Can you please give me a quick explanation?

I have tried creating new Task objects using the empty constructor and the one that accepts a task name but niether approach seems to work.

Also, what is the purpose of the IronCow.Posh project? This isn't really clear to me either.

Thanks in advance
Feb 4, 2009 at 12:49 AM
Ah well, yes, I guess I should write some doc... :)

Once you've created a Task object, add it to one of the TaskLists you get from the Rtm object. The moment you do that, it will fire up a sync that will effectively add the task to RTM.

Feb 4, 2009 at 8:57 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a go ;)