Error with TaskLists

Mar 7, 2010 at 8:22 PM

This may be an entirely newbie error--I am new to Windows programming. I'm just trying to get my head around IronCow so I'm trying to run the example code on the project home page. I get my auth URL, open in a browser, approve, etc. However, the foreach loop (actually any time I refer to rtm.TaskLists) is throwing on some sort of System.Collections error. Specific text is:

Error	1	The type 'System.Collections.Specialized.INotifyCollectionChanged' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.	C:\Users\zac\Code\MilkTest\MilkTest\Program.cs	24	13	MilkTest

I get this error whether or not I'm using a loop, or even just trying to call my rtm.TaskLists[0] or something like that. I'm using VS2010 so not sure if that may be impacting? Thanks for any help you can give.

Coordinator
Mar 7, 2010 at 9:19 PM

It's pretty much what the message says :)

In your VS2010 project, you need to add "WindowsBase.dll" to the list of references (right click on the project, choose "add references..." or something like that... you should have a tab that says ".NET", which lists all the system framework DLLs... this is where you'll find WindowsBase. It's part of the .NET Framework 3.0)

I'm just surprised that you get this error during execution... VS would usually tell you during compilation...

Mar 9, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Wow, big "d'oh" moment :) Thanks for the help, I'm now off and rolling!